This position is based in the UK but applicants are required to be flexible as out of hours work may be included.It is expected that the engineer will possess proven experience of problem solving, working alone and as part of an engineering team. Successful applicants will provide customer support through product knowledge therefore dexterity and the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new products and applications is essential.
Engineers will be required to install, commission, diagnose (including fault finding) and repair a wide range of equipment for a range of applicationsin both field and workshop environments.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Service Engineer will be eager, diligent and safety conscious with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. This is a customer facing role so they must be able to communicate professionally.
Skill Set Requirement
The position requires a wide range of skills including, but not limited to the following:
- Experienced in equipment and infrastructure installation
- Knowledge in fault finding and repairs on a range of equipment
- Knowledge of reporting and commissioning procedures
- Technical skills on equipment used in environmental monitoring
- PLC experience (fault finding and ideally programming)
- Maintenance, repair and calibration of current installed products
- Demonstrate ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution
- Appreciate Health and Safety considerations with regard to given tasks
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills and aptitude to learn new software
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Self motivated
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours and locations worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick and keen learner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Physically fit and able to work both at height and in confined spaces
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to email@example.com to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post. No recruitment agencies.