Group IS Manager – Sheffield
13th May 2022
Permanent / Full Time
£40,000-£50,000 (Dependent on experience)
Who are Cura Terrae?
Cura Terrae is a group of industry leading environmental companies providing consultancy services and solutions to help take care of the Earth. We are backed by Palatine Private Equity’s Impact Fund, which supports companies creating social or environmental change.
With a national presence across England, Scotland and Wales, we have plans to grow the company substantially over the coming years, through organic and acquisition growth. We currently comprise five companies – Cura Terrae and 4 subsidiary companies – and have in excess of 250 employees, set to increase in the coming months years.
We are seeking to recruit people who are committed to doing their best, delivering for clients, for their colleagues, and for the company.
About this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated IS management professional with a track record of overseeing the successful implementation and operation of Information Systems and internal IT support services.
Experienced in understanding and collating requirements, and communicating this to external providers, the successful individual will have overall responsibility for IS on behalf of the Cura Terrae and will be the ‘voice of the company’; working collaboratively with our external providers to add value to our operation.
The Group IS Manager will work directly for the Group Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and will work closely with the Group CEO and CFO. They will be a strategist, self-starter, a team player and strong collaborator with internal and external parties and stakeholders.
In particular, Information Systems and IT support must be designed to easily extend across new companies as they come into group.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Successful and demonstrable track record in overseeing the implementation of Information Systems and IT support
- Acting as the customer for IS and IT support on behalf of the company
- Understanding and prioritising requirements in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Understanding possibilities with contemporary knowledge and experience of different Information Systems covering areas such as:
- HSEQ and Compliance
- Document Management
- Works Management and Scheduling
- IT Support
- Strong contemporary IS and IT knowledge, including:
- Cyber-security and compliance with current standards
- Policy and process writing, testing, and auditing
- Vulnerability testing and reporting
- GDPR compliance requirements
- Demonstrable record of leveraging the knowledge and capabilities or external partners
- Strong focus on:
- swift and successful implementation
- embedding systems to achieve buy-in, traction and impact
- Supporting managers in subsidiary companies in achieving buy-in, traction and impact
- Horizon scanning for IS that can support the company and improve efficiency
- A proven strategist
The ideal candidate will be experienced and confident in their approach with a flexible mindset and excellent communication skills.
Working for us
Our culture is driven by teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. We invest in our people and support professional development and are committed to supporting our people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing.