21st February 2022
Dependent on knowledge and experience
9.00-17.30 with frequent requirements to work out of hours
We are seeking an ambitious candidate for the role of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Engineer with a proven track record within the air and emissions monitoring sector. However, we would like to hear from candidates with experience in similar industrial instrumentation who can adapt their skills to air monitoring instrumentation with the full support of EMS.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the CEMS Engineer will be eager, diligent and safety conscious with a track record of task ownership and issue resolution.
The CEMS Engineer will be required to install, commission, service, diagnose faults and repair instrumentation. It is expected that the engineer will have experience of working alone and as part of an engineering team. Dexterity and the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new products and applications is essential.
The successful applicant will provide customer support through product knowledge and must be able to communicate professionally.
Applicants are required to be flexible as out of hours work will be included.
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. We help businesses meet and maintain environmental compliance, working in the areas of water and wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, data acquisition, environmental management and training. The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible approach.
EMS’s market offering includes the supply of products and services for continuous emissions monitoring, both particulate and gas monitoring and data acquisition. This is specifically relevant to the advertised role.
Our industrial clients are within heavy industry (e.g. Liberty Speciality Steels, Outokumpu), food and drink (e.g. Fletchers, Warburtons, Heinz), pharmaceutical (e.g. Seqirus, Boots), power (e.g. SSE, E On, Magnox), automotive and aeronautical (e.g. Honda, Toyota, Rolls Royce), and construction (e.g. Clugstons, Palmer Construction).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to at least BTEC Level II or equivalent in a relevant area
- Experience in the installation, commissioning, calibration, maintenance, fault-finding and repair of monitoring instrumentation ideally continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) dust monitoring instrumentation with preferable experience in CEMS gases monitoring instrumentation. The successful candidate may have translatable experience in a similar area of monitoring or industrial instrumentation
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills and aptitude to learn new software
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Good working knowledge of on-site Health and Safety requirements
- Previous experience in the ownership and effective resolution of issues
- PLC and/or data acquisition system experience
- UK driving license essential