Field Engineer – Sheffield
20th May 2022
Permanent, Full-time (Flexibility required)
£19,500+ (Depending on experience)
09.00 - 17.30 with frequent requirements to work out of hours at short notice
What we can offer our employees
We are proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve. We put people at the heart of what we do and employ more than 30 individuals throughout a network of three regional offices.
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- Companywide events
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)
Who are EMS?
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. Part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we help businesses meet and maintain environmental compliance, working in the areas of water and wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, data acquisition, environmental management, and training. The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible approach.
Our industrial clients are within heavy industry (e.g., Liberty Speciality Steels, Outokumpu), food and drink (e.g., Fletchers, Warburtons, Heinz), pharmaceutical (e.g., Seqirus, Boots), power (e.g., SSE, E On, Magnox), automotive and aeronautical (e.g., Honda, Toyota, Rolls Royce), and construction (e.g., Clugstons, Palmer Construction).
About this opportunity
It is expected that the engineer will possess proven experience of problem solving, as part of an engineering team. Successful applicants will provide customer support through product knowledge therefore dexterity and the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new products and applications is essential.
Successful candidates will work as part of a 2 or 3-man team carrying-out installation, calibration and maintenance of Flow and Water Quality equipment throughout the UK. The installation and maintenance work will require you to enter and work in confined spaces within the waste-water networks, therefore you will need to be physically fit.
Regular duties will include, but not limited to:
- Long distance traveling and operating of company vehicles in a safe manner (including weekly safety checks)
- Flexibility as additional workhours may be required
- Installation and maintenance of Flow Monitoring and Water Quality Equipment
- Following all company procedures and protocols
- Safe operation and maintenance of tools and equipment
Essential and Desirable Skills/ Experience
- Hold a UK driving licence
- Literate, numerate, organised along with possessing a good work-ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work away from home for up to 3 to 4 nights a week.
- Be able to work flexible shift times and adapt to changing work schedules.
- Ideally have relevant field service experience, however full training will be given to candidates who bring practical skills and a good attitude