Graduate Scheme – Environmental Consultant
1st June 2021
Sheffield, South Yorkshire [but working Nationwide]
£20K to £23K dependent on industry knowledge and experience. Package includes contributory pension and mobile phone
37.5 hours a week, typically 9:00 - 17:30 although flexible working can be offered. Frequent requirements to work out of hours depending on client location
30th June 2021
EMS is looking to appoint a Graduate Environmental Consultant. This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Advisory Team. The role would be suitable for either a recent graduate or for a student about to graduate, who is ambitious and conscientious with an appetite to succeed.
The key focus of the role is to contribute to the delivery of a range of environmental services to ensure our clients maintain environmental compliance.
This role would be based form our Sheffield office In South Yorkshire.
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. EMS’ subsidiary company, Envirocare, is a UKAS and MCERTS accredited stack emissions testing and occupational hygiene monitoring consultancy. EMS and Envirocare work collaboratively to help businesses across the industrial and municipal sectors meet and maintain environmental compliance by providing services, products and equipment hire for water and wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, and services in data acquisition, environmental management and training.
The EMS Advisory Team provides environmental guidance and support in order for clients to maintain compliance with legislation and enhance their environmental performance, with EMS often acting as the client’s Environmental Manager. The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible and holistic approach to taking care of their environmental needs.
Reporting to a Senior Consultant, the successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and conscientious with high attention to detail. You will have an appetite for continuous learning about sectors, clients and new legislation and their application.
Our 2-year graduate programme will provide the individual with the skills, knowledge and experience required to become a qualified environmental consultant. The programme will be a combination of on the job training, as well as learning from more experienced members of the team. A comprehensive training programme will be initiated as part of the 2-year scheme.
- Provide support to members of the Advisory Team in order for them to help our customers maintain compliance and enhance their environmental performance
- Ensure that services are delivered in line with the company's ISO9001 standard
- Build and maintain internal relationships and communicate effectively in order to manage line manager’s expectations
- Planning workloads to ensure projects are delivered on time
As this is graduate position previous experience is not essential, although previous work experience would be desirable along with an understanding of relevant UK environmental legislation.
Skill Set Requirement
The position requires a wide range of skills including, but not limited to the following:
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science or management
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated with a passion to succeed
- Self confident
- Flexible and adaptability to different working environments
- Organisational and good time management skills with demonstrable experience of managing several projects at any one time
- Excellent reporting and written skills articulating technical details to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Experience of successfully meeting client expectations and problem solving
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science or equivalent
- Associate Membership with IEMA or equivalent
- Full, clean UK driving licence.