EMS recognises that it’s business activities have direct and indirect impacts on society and the environment in which it operates. We are committed to managing these potential impacts in a responsible manner.
We have a CSR policy to demonstrate our commitment to sustainability and the roles of all of our staff.
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice including ISO14001
- Minimising waste generated; in the first instance by adopting the waste hierarchy
- Diverting waste from landfill and disposing of waste in a responsible manor
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise pollution to land, air and water
- Communicating our performance to employees and shareholders
- Reducing our carbon footprint through effective energy and transport management
Supporting local communities by:
- Providing work placements for local universities, colleges and school students
- Committing to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity in employment
- Working with other businesses to provide added value service to our clients
- Supporting charities
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- Adhering to and respecting our clients’ policies and procedures when working at their premises
- Regularly training and investing in our workforce
- Providing cost-effective service to our clients
- Use local suppliers where possible and appropriate
- Endeavouring to pay on time
- Not expecting any discounts from suppliers which will have a detrimental effect on their business
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of EMS Limited. Every employee of EMS is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work. Visitors and subcontractors are also expected to apply our environmental principles.
The effectiveness of the Policy will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance. We will also ensure that all areas and changes will be brought to the attention of employees as necessary.