23rd February 2021
2+ years minimum
£24K to £26K dependent on industry knowledge and experience. In addition, package includes contributory pension and mobile phone
37.5 hours per week, typically 9:00-17:30 although flexible working can be offered. Frequent requirements to work out of hours depending on client location.
EMS is looking to appoint an Environmental Consultant to join the Advisory Team. You will be proactive and ambitious with a proven track record of interpreting businesses’ environmental responsibilities and delivering work to an excellent standard.
You will have demonstrable experience providing guidance and support to clients in order for them to meet and maintain compliance with environmental legislation and enhancing their green credentials and performance. The successful individual will be responsible for their own client accounts and delivery of work and support the growth of both the business division and the EMS group of companies as a whole.
Reporting to a Senior Consultant, the successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high attention to detail. You will have an appetite for continuous learning about sectors, clients and new legislation and their application. The successful applicant will provide environmental guidance and support to businesses in order for them to maintain compliance with legislation and enhance their environmental performance. This will include carrying out audits, applying for permits and licences, advising on legislation, producing environmental procedures and documentation and often acting as the client’s Environmental Manager. This is a customer facing role so you must be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Provide environmental guidance and support to customers in order for them to maintain compliance and enhance their environmental performance
- Ensure that services are delivered in line with the company's ISO9001 standard
- Build and maintain client relationships and manage client expectations
- Fulfil specific duties requested by the company based on professional competencies
- Implementing, maintaining and/or auditing Environmental Management Systems to ISO14001 standards
- Understanding relevant environmental legislation and how this translates to clients
- Identifying environmental impacts and liabilities and recognising effective solutions to mitigate risks
- Consultation and engagement with regulatory bodies (i.e. Local Authorities, Environment Agency)
- Carrying out environmental inspections and audits including legal compliance
- Environmental Permitting including preparing and submitting applications to the regulatory bodies
- Working knowledge of the construction, food and drink, manufacturing and healthcare sectors
- Working with clients to identify cost effective ways to minimise waste and adopt sustainable solutions
- Preparing reports and documents
Skill Set Requirement
The position requires a wide range of skills including, but not limited to the following:
- Proven track record of understanding and interpreting client’s environmental needs and responsibilities
- Organisational and good time management skills with demonstrable experience of managing several projects at any one time
- Excellent reporting and written skills articulating technical details to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Experience of successfully meeting client expectations and problem solving
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science or equivalent
- Associate Membership and ideally working towards Practitioner with IEMA or equivalent
- Continuous Professional development including environmental Management Implementation course or equivalent and Advanced EMS Auditor Training course or equivalent
- Full, clean UK driving licence.