23rd February 2021
Nationwide, plus flexible/remote working options offered.
2+ years minimum
£26K to £31K dependent on industry knowledge and experience. In addition, package includes contributory pension and mobile phone
37.5 hours per week, typically 9:00-17:30 although flexible working can be offered. Frequent requirements to work out of hours depending on client location.
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services
for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. EMS’ subsidiary
company, Envirocare, is a UKAS and MCERTS accredited stack emissions testing and
occupational hygiene monitoring consultancy. EMS and Envirocare work collaboratively to
help businesses across the industrial and municipal sectors meet and maintain
environmental compliance by providing services, products and equipment hire for water and
wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, and services in data acquisition,
environmental management and training.
The EMS Advisory Team provides environmental guidance and support in order for clients to
maintain compliance with legislation and enhance their environmental performance, with
EMS often acting as the client’s Environmental Manager. The specialist support we offer is
based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible and holistic approach
to taking care of their environmental needs.
Environmental Monitoring Solutions (EMS) partners with clients to make sure that environmental regulations, legislation and goals are met. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Environmental Consultant to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in environmental compliance and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Based within the Advisory Team, you will work closely with all areas of consultancy, providing guidance and support to clients for them to meet and maintain compliance with environmental legislation and enhance their green credentials and performance. This includes carrying out audits, applying for permits and licences, advising on legislation, producing environmental procedures and documentation, and often acting as the client’s Environmental Manager. This inspiring position offers opportunity to progress into a higher role.
- Managing your own client accounts, build and maintain relationships and manage expectations
- Provide environmental guidance and support to customers in order for them to maintain compliance and enhance their environmental performance
- Liaising with external agencies
- Ensuring that services are delivered in line with the company's ISO9001 standard
- Supporting the growth of both the business division and the EMS group of companies as a whole
- Implementing, maintaining and/or auditing Environmental Management Systems to ISO14001 standards
- Understanding relevant environmental legislation and how this translates to clients
- Identifying environmental impacts and liabilities and recognising effective solutions to mitigate risks
- Consultation and engagement with regulatory bodies (i.e. Local Authorities, Environment Agency)
- Carrying out environmental inspections and audits including legal compliance
- Environmental Permitting including preparing and submitting applications to the regulatory bodies
- Working knowledge of the construction, food and drink, manufacturing and healthcare sectors
- Working with clients to identify cost effective ways to minimise waste and adopt sustainable solutions
- Preparing reports and documents
Skill Set Requirement
The position requires a wide range of skills including, but not limited to the following:
- Proactive and ambitious, with a proven track record of understanding and interpreting client’s environmental needs and responsibilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with demonstrable experience of managing several projects at any one time
- Proficient reporting and written skills articulating technical details to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Able to successfully meet client expectations and tackle challenges
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science or equivalent
- Associate Membership and ideally working towards Practitioner with IEMA or equivalent
- Continuous Professional development including environmental Management Implementation course or equivalent and Advanced EMS Auditor Training course or equivalent
- Full, clean UK driving licence.