Field Service Engineer
4th August 2023
37.5 hours per week
Who are EMS?
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. Part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we help businesses meet and maintain environmental compliance, working in the areas of water and wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, data acquisition, environmental management, and training. The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible approach.
Our industrial clients are within heavy industry (e.g., Liberty Speciality Steels, Outokumpu), food and drink (e.g., Fletchers, Warburtons, Heinz), pharmaceutical (e.g., Seqirus, Boots), power (e.g., SSE, E On, Magnox), automotive and aeronautical (e.g., Honda, Toyota, Rolls Royce), and construction (e.g., Clugstons, Palmer Construction).
About this opportunity
It is expected that the engineer will possess proven experience of problem solving, as part of an engineering team. Successful applicants will provide customer support through product knowledge therefore dexterity and the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new products and applications is essential.
Successful candidates will work as part of a 2 or 3-man team carrying-out installation, calibration and maintenance of Flow and Water Quality equipment throughout the UK. The installation and maintenance work will require you to enter and work in confined spaces within the waste-water networks.
Regular duties will include, but not limited to:
- Long distance traveling and operating of company vehicles in a safe manner (including weekly safety checks)
- Flexibility as additional workhours may be required
- Installation and maintenance of Flow Monitoring and Water Quality Equipment
- Following all company procedures and protocols
- Safe operation and maintenance of tools and equipment
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
- Hold a UK driving licence
- Literate, numerate, organised along with possessing a good work-ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work away from home for up to 3 to 4 nights a week.
- Be able to work flexible shift times and adapt to changing work schedules.
- Ideally have relevant field service experience, however full training will be given to candidates who bring practical skills and a good attitude
EMS is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment.
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied.
-STRICTLY NO AGENCIES-
We do not accept CVs from third parties / agencies, and any applications received will be treated as the property of EMS Ltd. We will not be liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs received.
- Overtime paid at x1.5 rate
- £5 breakfast allowance paid if working between 06:00 - 08:00
- £5 lunch allowance per day when working away
- £30 evening meal allowance when staying away from home
- All food allowance is purchased by the Lead Crew Leader on the van via company card
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company wide events
- Company pension scheme
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)