Environmental Impact Assessments
An Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) examines the anticipated environmental effects of a proposed project.
- Understand your requirements
- Know the kind of assessment you need
- Expert support and guidance
- A team with experience of dealing with environmental assessments
- Ensure your application is comprehensive
- Include all of the relevant information
To support your planning application, our experienced consultants will take you through every step, from consideration of environmental aspects at design stage to preparation of the full Environmental Impact Assessment.
The Environmental Impact Assessment will be evaluated and considered by the local planning authority when deciding whether to grant planning permission for a project. Your EMS consultant will ensure that your report includes any likely significant environmental effects, so the planning authority is fully informed while coming to a decision. They will also ensure that the public is given early and effective opportunities to participate in the decision-making procedures.
Our Environmental Impact Assessment service includes these broad stages:
- Determining if a proposed project is likely to have a significant effect on the environment and, therefore, requires an assessment
- Determining the extent of issues to be considered and reported in the Environmental Impact Assessment
- Preparing the Environmental Impact Assessment, ensuring it contains the information reasonably required to assess the likely significant environmental effects of the development
- Submission of the Environmental Impact Assessment, ensuring it is publicised electronically and by public notice
At EMS, we are always keen to ensure that the preparation and subsequent submission of an Environmental Impact Assessment should not be a barrier to growth. Indeed, it applies only to a small proportion of projects considered within the town and country planning regime – those that are considered likely to have significant effects on the environment.
If your local planning authority decides that your project should be subject to an Environmental Impact Assessment, EMS can help your business to focus on the scope of assessment of those aspects of the environment that are likely to be significantly affected. Pre-application engagement can also play a role in identifying when a proposal should be subject to environmental impact assessment – and our consultants can advise you at this stage also.
Related Case Studies
Accreditations & Awards
EMS Announce Exciting New Partnership with Dust Monitoring Specialists Sintrol
EMS is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with one of the world’s largest dust monitor manufacturers, Sintrol.