DustSonde™ Dust Monitor
A real-time indicative particulate matter monitor that simultaneously measures PM10, PM2.5. and PM1. The DustSonde™ is the ideal solution for cost effective dust monitoring at construction sites, quarries, processing and manufacturing.Full product information
- Alert site staff via email when dust levels rise
- Alleviate siting issues with solar panel power options
- Stay informed with online data access and customisable dashboards
- Reduce equipment requirement with external sensors such as wind speed and direction
The DustSonde™ provides real-time particulate measurements in a low-cost and easy to install package.
Utilising a laser based optical particulate counter (OPC), the DustSonde™ is capable of measuring multiple particulate fractions, simultaneously, with a high degree of accuracy. The sensor counts and sizes each particle, and then calculates the PM fractions; total suspended particulate (TSP), PM10, PM2.5. and PM1. These are all important factors when considering human exposure and nuisance complaints.
The low-power and compact design means that the DustSonde™ can be installed almost anywhere, and when installed with a solar panel, there is no need for mains power. This means the monitor can be placed at any strategic location whether that is at source, downwind on a boundary or close to a sensitive receptor. Examples include:
Typical applications include:
- Boundary Monitoring – Understand the impact of construction site activities on local receptors and comply with permit requirements
- Investigation of dust sources on site – Understand what influences dust on site and learn how to mitigate against it.
- Worker Safety – Real-time continous monitoring ensures your workers are always protected.
- Dust mitigation – Assess and review the effectiveness of mitigation strategies
The device is GSM enabled, meaning that data is streamed in real-time to our online eDAS web platform. We provide online dashboards that give simple access to live and historic measurements, and where necessary these can be customised to suit your own individual needs. Threshold alarms are also provided to let you track dust episodes as they happen.
EMS can also provide short term rentals, fully serviced maintenance contracts, installation, and commission to help support your project as best possible.
Related Case Studies
MANTIS featured in “UN 75: Sustainable Engineering in Action”
Innovation project MANTIS, pioneered by EMS and Leeds Beckett University, has been featured in a book to celebrate 75 years of the United Nations.
EMS Welcomes John Hall to the Team
EMS is delighted to welcome John Hall to the team. John is an experienced Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Service Engineer with over 20 years working in the industry. His extensive knowledge and expertise will make him a valuable addition to our Air and Emissions team.
Sintrol DUMO Ambient Air Dust Monitor
Continous dust monitor designed for industrial applications and early detection of explosive atmospheres
DustMate: Handheld Fume and Dust Detector
A hand-held instrument with a very fast response which has been designed to locate sources of workplace airborne dust and fumes even at very low concentrations.