7th May 2021
£18k to £20k (pro rata) dependent on relevant knowledge and experience. Package includes contributory pension
include flexible working, an Employee Assistance Program and free membership of a staff benefits platform (Wrkit)
25 hours per week
EMS is looking to appoint a Service Administrator to support the Business Development Team. The successful candidate will be proactive, highly organised and able to communicate effectively and professionally. This is an important role within the business and you will be required to manage the growing number of service contracts in accordance with agreed service schedules and maintain the interface across EMS departments and the customer as part of the EMS Customer Journey.
EMS is a systems integrator and service provider in environmental monitoring. We integrate technologies into solutions for monitoring the natural and urban environment. Our clients are in all sectors of industry including food and drink, pharmaceutical, the water sector, heavy industry, automotive, health, manufacturing, airports, highways, government and government agencies including defence and nuclear sites. We also provide advisory services in environmental management via an expert team of chartered environmentalists, who provide services around environmental management systems and environmental permitting. Our Smart Wastewater division originates advanced products for flood detection and control, and for wastewater and wastewater treatment control. We have developed award-winning technologies often in collaboration with industry.
Including our wholly owned subsidiary company, Envirocare Technical Consultancy Ltd, EMS has around 70 staff and a UK-wide reach.
EMS and Envirocare work collaboratively to help businesses meet and maintain environmental compliance The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible and holistic approach to taking care of a company’s environmental needs.
Reporting to the Sales Coordinator, the successful candidate will be required to proactively manage service customers in accordance with agreed service schedules. The Service Administrator will liaise with the EMS Operations Team regarding the scheduling of visits, relaying of reports, on points of clarification or any issues raised by customers. You will participate in reviewing current procedures with regards to service contract management along with the EMS Sales Coordinator and Operations Manager.
It is expected that the Service Administrator will have exceptional customer service skills, organisational skills, and an appreciation of the context of their role within the Business Development team and the company as a whole. You will effectively track and report activities and manage contact information for service customers.
The ability to quickly familiarise yourself with a new business environment and relevant products and services. You will be proactive, eager, diligent and able to demonstrate the necessary skills and determination to bring enquiries and issues to a timely conclusion. The Service Administrator must be able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive management of maintenance services work including equipment renewal and repair quotations, and service renewal quotations
- Professional and timely communication in order to manage client expectations and maintain trusted relationships
- Maintain the interface with other departments and the customer as part of the Customer Journey; specifically liaison with the Operations Department with regards to service contract visits, call outs and customer reports in accordance with agreed service schedules.
- Manage the Service Contract database and provide updates to the Finance and Admin Team
- Ensure all information on the company CRM is correct and report up-to-date divisional metrics
- Contribute to the development of new processes in relation to the management of Service Contracts
- Develop personal product, solution and application knowledge and understand the marketplace and key competitors disseminating this knowledge through the company as necessary
- Adhere to the Company Pricing Policy and customer satisfaction process and other relevant business processes in line with the company ISO9001 QMS
Skill Set Requirement
The position requires a wide range of skills including, but not limited to the following:
- IT skills, particularly in customer relations software including CRM.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, in order to ensure all aspects of service contracts are met
- Demonstrable ownership of issues to achieve timely resolutions
- Flexible attitude and a determination to succeed
- Demonstrable success in a similar role
- Highly organised
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Team player
- Ongoing professional development in service management and administration
- Awareness and knowledge in EMS’s areas of operation