- Understand waste management
- Get an appreciation for Duty of Care and how it applies to you
- Complete paperwork correctly
- Know exactly what paperwork you need to complete and how
- Use your own documentation
- This course can be tailored to your procedures
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for any members of staff who require a basic introduction to environmental management.
What will I learn?
The course will give an introduction to environmental management and introduce the potential effects an organisations activities, operations and processes can have on the local and wider environment.
Which topics are covered?
- Causes and effects of pollution
- Waste generation and disposal
- Discharges to water
- Discharges to atmosphere
- Storage of oils and chemicals
- Supply chain
- Powers of the Environment Agency
- Effective environmental management
- Environmental Management Systems and ISO14001
- Demonstrates a business commitment to the environment
- Can form part of your training requirements for ISO14001
- Inform your environmental management team how to implement effective environmental management in your business
- Delivered in-house and flexible in content and length to meet client requirements
Why choose us?
Unlike most training providers, our dedicated training team is comprised of practicing environmental consultants. As part of their day-to-day role, our trainers work with some of the UK’s largest organisations to help them maintain compliance with environmental legislation. This means that our team is positioned perfectly to deliver training content as well as real-world advice and working case-studies. EMS also offer flexible delivery options and can deliver courses at your premises.