Installation Engineer – Sheffield
9th June 2022
Permanent, Full time
Negotiable dependant on knowledge and experience
What we can offer our employees
We are proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve. We put people at the heart of what we do and employ more than 30 individuals throughout a network of three regional offices.
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee perks scheme
- Companywide events
- Career development and progression (Professional Membership(s) paid)
Who are EMS?
EMS is a systems integrator and specialist solutions provider of instrumentation and services for monitoring and managing discharges to the natural environment. Part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we help businesses meet and maintain environmental compliance, working in the areas of water and wastewater monitoring, air and emissions monitoring, data acquisition, environmental management, and training. The specialist support we offer is based on understanding clients’ requirements and providing a flexible approach.
Our industrial clients are within heavy industry (e.g., Liberty Speciality Steels, Outokumpu), food and drink (e.g., Fletchers, Warburtons, Heinz), pharmaceutical (e.g., Seqirus, Boots), power (e.g., SSE, E On, Magnox), automotive and aeronautical (e.g., Honda, Toyota, Rolls Royce), and construction (e.g., Clugstons, Palmer Construction).
About this opportunity
This position is based in and around the UK. Applicants are required to be flexible as travel and out-of-hours working may be required.
A broad range of practical competences will be necessary and operating environments could include working within confined spaces and working at height.
Working within the Technical Department, the engineer will be required to lead with installation activities across EMS’ divisions, involving installing a range of measurement and monitoring instrumentation and associated enabling tasks such as:
- Site clearance for excavation
- Shuttering and concreting - e.g. instrument pads
- Excavation, duct laying, backfill, and reinstatement
- Installation of weir plates and flumes in river channels and manholes, instrument pillars
- Mounting of hardware e.g. on walls, RSJs, pillars
- Cable containment installation and cable running
- As-built measurements and reporting
Essential Skills/ Experience
- Knowledge of appropriate fasteners and fixings for a range of materials
- Competent use of hand tools and ability to assemble equipment
- Capability to operate power tools and smaller machinery
- Appreciation of Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Ability to document findings and produce basic reports
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
Desirable Skills / Experience
- New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) 01-08
- C&G Level 2 Award in Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces
- Mechanical aptitude, including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Experience working with industrial settings
- Knowledge of working with electricity and electrical cabling
- Technical skills on equipment used in environmental monitoring
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills